Silky homemade chocolate pudding is a delicious and satisfying treat. This recipe is a snap to throw together and is perfect for a weeknight dessert. It is sure to become a family favorite.
- Place one-and-a-half cups milk, the Sola®, and the vanilla extract into a large saucepan, whisk thoroughly, and set aside.
- Whisk the cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt together in a small bowl. Add the remaining one-half-cup milk and whisk into a smooth paste. Add the cocoa mixture to the saucepan and stir well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the pudding mixture into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator, and whisk well; it should be smooth and glossy. Serve chilled, garnished with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- Place the plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming on top while it cools.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 2 hours chilling)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (480 ml) 2 % milk (semi skimmed)
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (40 g) cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
- Calories (kcal) 136.99
- Fat (g) 3.44
- Saturated Fat (g) 1.55
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 0.09
- Monounsaturated Fat (g) 0.69
- Protein (g) 5.11
- Carbohydrates (g) 38.91
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1.09
- Soluble Fiber (g) 0.02
- Total Sugars (g) 6.02
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 23.75
- *Net carbs (g) 14.05