Cinnamon and Star Anise Glazed Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Pecans
Using spaghetti squash instead of butternut squash for this dish reduces the carb count considerably and gives you a similar taste; feel free to substitute the spaghetti squash for butternut squash if you are not too concerned with the additional carbs.
- Preheat the oven to 380F/190c
- Cut the squash into roughly three quarters of an inch sized pieces and spread out onto a large baking tray.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and a pinch of salt and the cinnamon and use your hands to mix to ensure that the squash is well coated.
- Place the tray into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the Sola sweetener, star anise and water into a pan and place on a medium heat. Heat until the Sola sweetener has dissolved and the liquid has reduced by half.
- After 20 minutes of cooking remove the squash from the oven and drizzle over the Sola sweetener mixture then place back into the oven and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and sticky.
- Sprinkle over the pecans 5 minutes before you take the squash out of the oven.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 6 portions
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- ½ cup (60 g) pecan halves
- ¼ cup (50 g) Sola sweetener
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Calories (kcal) 193
- Fat (g) 16.59
- Protein (g) 1.71
- Carbohydrates (g) 17.24
- Dietary Fiber (g) 2.40
- Total Sugars (g) 3.34
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 8.33
- *Net carbs (g) 6.51