Creamy Hot Chocolate
A crackling fire and a creamy hot chocolate are key components to any happy winter; try this rich versionwe bet your guests will never guess it's low-cal!
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, and turn off the heat. Whisk the mixture well to ensure it is smooth and consistent.
- Pour the steaming hot chocolate into mugs, top with whipped cream and a pinch of ground cinnamon, and serve.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups (960 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy/double cream
- 1/3 cup (65 g) Sola® sweetener
- ¼ cup (20 g) good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon (on each mug)
- Calories (kcal) 274.04
- Calories from Fat (kcal) 230.83
- Fat (g) 25.65
- Saturated Fat (g) 13.82
- Protein (g) 3.72
- Carbohydrates (g) 21.77
- Dietary Fiber (g) 3.01
- Soluble Fiber (g) 0.01
- Total Sugars (g) 1.64
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 16.25
- *Net carbs (g) 2.5