Iced Coffee with Salted Caramel Sauce
Iced coffee becomes a decadent (yet low-carb) treat when topped with whipped cream and Sola® caramel sauce. With this recipe, you can make a rich caramel sauce in minutes, using the microwave.
- To make the caramel sauce: Place the Sola and one tablespoon of water into a microwavable mug, place the mug into the microwave, and cook on full-power for three to three-and-a-half minutes until the mixture is a golden caramel-colored liquid.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave (remember the caramelized Sola in the mug will be extremely hot, use extreme caution, and dont be tempted to dip you finger in!) and stir in the cold butter. Place the cream into a microwaveable container and heat for 25 seconds.
- Once the butter has melted into the caramel, add a pinch of salt, and the warm cream. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- To make the iced coffee: simply mix the coffee with the Sola sweetener until fully dissolved and then stir in the cream. Chill the mug in the refrigerator until ice cold. To serve, fill two 16-ounce (450 ml) glasses with ice and pour the coffee on top. Top the coffees with whipped cream and the caramel sauce, and serve immediately with straws.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 4minutes
For the caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) Sola sweetener
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) unsalted butter (cold)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) heavy/double cream
- 1 pinch of salt
For the iced coffee
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) strong black coffee (freshly brewed or good quality instant)
- ¼ cup (45 g) Sola sweetener
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy/double cream
- Ice cubes
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- Calories (kcal) 322
- Fat (g) 30.79
- Protein (g) 1.84
- Carbohydrates (g) 39.60
- Dietary Fiber (g) 0.03
- Total Sugars (g) 0.04
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 38
- *Net carbs (g) 1.57