Sticky Lemon and Oregano Chicken Breasts
This delicious, glazed chicken will easily become a weeknight favorite; lemony, herby, juicy chicken breasts with a sweet yet low calorie sticky glaze.
- Prepare the chicken breasts: cut away fat and skin and season well with the salt, black pepper, and chopped oregano.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for four minutes on each side until golden-brown.
- Add the chicken stock, Sola® sweetener, garlic, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, lemon slices, lemon zest, and oregano sprigs.
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes with the lid on then remove the lid and turn the heat back to high. Continue to cook, spooning the sauce over the chicken to glaze for approximately 15 more minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, the sauce will have reduced to a sticky glaze and the center of the chicken will be cooked through and tender. Serve immediately, with a lemon wedge on each plate.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh (or dried) oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ lemon, cut into ½-inch slices
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 lemon wedges
- Calories (kcal) 390.85
- Fat (g) 24.52
- Saturated Fat (g) 5.47
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 4.42
- Monounsaturated Fat (g) 13.22
- Protein (g) 31.52
- Carbohydrates (g) 28.99
- Dietary Fiber (g) 0.73
- Total Sugars (g) 1.25
- Sola® Sweetener (g) 23.75
- *Net carbs (g) 4.41