Blueberry Pancake SauceThis tangy pancake topping makes a great alternative to traditional maple syrup; sweet and decadent without the calories and carbs, thanks to Sola®!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 10 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes plus chilling
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups (420 ml) water
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- ½ cup (64 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups (285 g) Sola® sweetener
- Place the water, lime juice, and blueberries into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the Sola® and whisk to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture over a steady, rolling simmer for approximately five minutes, until it has reduced to about two cups (480 ml) of liquid and is starting to become a thin syrup. The mixture will bubble up quite a lot, so make sure you have a big enough pan to avoid overflow.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before using, the sauce will thicken up as it cools down due to the pectin in the blueberries.
- Store in a glass jar or bottle in a cool, dry place for up to one month If the syrup crystalizes, simply place the container under hot, running water for a couple of minutes until it has warmed.