Blueberry Pancake SyrupThis tangy pancake topping makes a great alternative to traditional maple syrup; sweet and decadent without the calories and carbs, thanks to Sola®!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 10 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes plus chilling
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups (420 ml) water
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- ½ cup (64 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups (285 g) Sola® sweetener
- Place the water, lime juice, and blueberries into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the Sola® and whisk to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture over a steady, rolling simmer for approximately five minutes, until it has reduced to about two cups (480 ml) of liquid and is starting to become a thin syrup. The mixture will bubble up quite a lot, so make sure you have a big enough pan to avoid overflow.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove the blueberry skins. Press the blueberries against the strainer to extract all of the flavor, then allow to cool (the syrup will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Store in a glass jar or bottle in a cool, dry place for up to one month If the syrup crystalizes, simply place the container under hot, running water for a couple of minutes until it has warmed.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!