Caramelized Cinnamon PeachesNational peach month is in August, so what better way to celebrate the deliciousness of peaches than by preparing them simply. A hint of cinnamon and a sticky sweet caramelized glaze makes these soft and succulent peaches a dream, especially when served with Sola salted caramel ice cream.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 small ripe peaches
- 6 tablespoons Sola® sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ stick (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sola salted caramel or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- Mix together the Sola® sweetener and cinnamon and press the peach halves into the mixture, flesh side down, to coat.
- Place a frying pan/skillet on a low heat on the stove and add the butter and coconut oil, once melted, add the peach halves, flesh side down. Cook the peaches without moving them for 10 minutes (it’s important that you use a low heat so that the peaches soften without burning).
- After 10 minutes, turn the peaches over and sprinkle over any remaining Sola sweetener and cinnamon mixture, continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the additional sola mixture has melted and looks sticky, give the peaches one more flip to coat them in the caramelized mixture and the transfer to 4 serving plates. Top with ice cream and enjoy immediately.
Why not try topping with a little smoked salmon or prosciutto for an extra special touch?
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!