Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingThis moist, spiced layer cake is a crowd-pleasing classic; no one will miss the sugar or the calories!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (285 g) Sola® sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 extra-large free-range eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60 ml) buttermilk 1 stick (110 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (75 g) raisins
- ½ cup (50 g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (70 g) grated carrot
- Quick and easy cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, and buttermilk together, then add to the dry ingredients with the softened butter.
using the mixer or a handheld electric whisk, whisk the ingredients together for one to two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the grated carrot, raisins, and walnuts, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared cake pans, place them into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden-brown and fully cooked through.
- Place the cake pans onto wire racks and cool thoroughly for 10 minutes. Invert the cake layers onto the wire racks, peel off the parchment and let cool completely before frosting.
- Make the Quick and easy cream cheese frosting.
- Frost the cake, and garnish with chopped walnuts and grated carrot.