Chocolate Almond Pancakes & WafflesLight and fluffy low sugar pancakes that are so easy to make: These Chocolate Almond Pancakes are a delicious, healthy breakfast choice.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings (8 pancakes or 4 waffles)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1¼ cups (120 g) finely ground almond flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 ounces (110 g) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ stick (30 g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk
Optional Garnishes: Salted butter, Greek yogurt, whipped cream, fresh berries, bacon, quick-and-easy chocolate sauce
DirectionsTo make the batter
- Mix all dry ingredients together thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Mix well, preferably with an electric mixer, which will help incorporate more air bubbles. The batter will have a thick consistency (far thicker than a conventional pancake batter). Don't be alarmed and don't add any extra liquid!
To make the pancakes
- Place a cast-iron or non-stick frying pan over low heat (the trick to making perfect low-carb pancakes is to cook them slowly over low heat, unlike flour pancakes).
- Add a small amount of coconut oil or butter for each batch of pancakes.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of almond mixture in the pan and spread out using the back of a spoon (aim for 3-inch round pancakes).
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until set; you can drop a few blueberries into the uncooked side of the pancake at this point, before flipping. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fully cooked, puffed up, and golden-brown.
- Top with Greek yogurt or whipped cream, and fresh berries. Enjoy the pancakes immediately while still warm, served alongside crispy bacon.
- For an extra indulgent treat, top with Sola® quick-and-easy chocolate sauce
To make waffles
- Set your waffle machine on the lowest heat setting and brush liberally with melted butter.
- Place ½-cup batter in the center of the waffle iron and close the lid (it will spread out as it cooks).
- Cook for 1½ to 2 minutes until golden-brown and fully cooked through.
- To serve, brush with extra melted butter, place on a serving platter, and top with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!