Chocolate Chip Shortbread CookiesCrisp, buttery, shortbread cookies are perfect with an afternoon cup of tea; Sola® and sugar-free chocolate chips make them a (secretly) healthy treat!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: approximately 12 cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus 20 minutes chilling)
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1 ½ cups (230 g) all-purpose white flour
- 1 ½ sticks (170 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (145 g) Sola® sweetener
- ½ cup (85 g) chocolate chips (see below for recommendations)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, Sola® sweetener, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the softened butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture with the chocolate chips.
- Mix the ingredients together using your hands until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape (about two inches in diameter), wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes (this allows the dough to firm up and makes it easier for cutting).
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll of dough into 12 slices and place them, evenly spaced, onto the baking sheet.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before enjoying.
- Choosing the Right Chocolate Chips
- Reduced-sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use regular bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Sugar-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make sure you use sugar-free chocolate chips: At Sola we like Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, which are available at Wholefoods market.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!