Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cup Fat BombsFat Bombs are designed to be flavorful, low-carb, high-fat treats, that give your mind and body a kick of fast-acting energy and stop your hunger cravings. These delicious peanut butter cups are just the ticket; extremely satisfying and filling with 5 grams of protein per serving.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 24 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- 14 ounces (400 g) no added sugar dark chocolate (we like Lily’s brand)
Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Sola sweetener
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (255 g) smooth, no added sugar peanut butter
- ½ cup (50 g) powdered peanut butter
Directions1. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave (or use a bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water). Stir thoroughly until smooth and glossy.
2. Place the heavy cream, Sola sweetener, salt, and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl and mix well. Microwave on full power for 30-45 seconds until the cream is hot, then stir well until the Sola sweetener and salt have dissolved.
3. Place the peanut butter, powdered peanut butter, and cream mixture into a mixing bowl and stir the ingredients together until a soft dough is formed. Remove from the mixing bowl and roll into a cylinder shape, slightly smaller in diameter than that of a mini muffin cup.
4. Place the muffin cups into the muffin pan, use a spoon to coat the bottom of each mini muffin cups with a layer or chocolate. and place in the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate is set.
5. Cut the peanut “dough” into 24 pieces and place each piece into a muffin cup. Spoon the remaining melted chocolate on the tops and down the sides of each cup. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until firm. Remove the chocolates from the cups and enjoy!