Chocolate PuddingSilky homemade chocolate pudding is a delicious and satisfying treat. This recipe is a snap to throw together and is perfect for a weeknight dessert. It is sure to become a family favorite.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 2 hours chilling)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (480 ml) 2 % milk (semi skimmed)
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (40 g) cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place one-and-a-half cups milk, the Sola® sweetener, and the vanilla extract into a large saucepan, whisk thoroughly, and set aside.
- Whisk the cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt together in a small bowl. Add the remaining one-half-cup milk and whisk into a smooth paste.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the saucepan and stir well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the pudding mixture into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator, and whisk well; it should be smooth and glossy. Serve chilled, garnished with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Place the plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a “skin” from forming on top while it cools.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!