Chocolate SyrupThis sweet chocolate syrup is a gourmet (and much healthier!) version of Hershey’s. It is also great for creamy cocktails such as white Russians or chocolate martinis.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 2 cups (240 ml) (approximately 8 x 2-ounce servings)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 ¾ cups (335 g) Sola® sweetener
- Place the water, Sola® sweetener, and cocoa powder in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and whisk well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture over a steady, rolling simmer for approximately five minutes until the mixture has reduced to about two cups (480 ml) of liquid and is starting to resemble the texture of very thin syrup (the mixture will bubble up quite a lot during the cooking process so make sure you have a big enough pan to avoid overflow).
- Remove the pan from the heat; the syrup will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- Store the syrup in a glass jar or bottle in a cool, dry place for up to month. If the syrup crystalizes, simply place the jar or bottle under hot, running water for a couple of minutes until it has warmed.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!