Creamy Sola® Chai LattéLove chai but not into blowing your diet and budget on a $5 sugar-laden coffee shop version? Here is a delicious, healthy recipe for barista-quality homemade chai lattés.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus 30 minutes steeping time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (65 g) Sola® sweetener
- 2 black tea bags
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 2 cardamom pods
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all of the ingredients for the syrup into a pan, bring to a boil, and turn off the heat. Let the syrup rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve or fine mesh strainer into a clean pan and add the almond milk and cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then use an immersion blender to blend the milk mixture until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the chai lattés into serving mugs and a garnish with ground nutmeg.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!