Curried Chicken SkewersChunks of chicken are marinated in a delicious curry spiced yogurt marinade made with Sola peach yogurt. The yogurt helps tenderizes the meat and adds a nice touch of fruity sweetness which compliments the curry flavors well. This is a fantastic recipe for lunch served with a side salad or as a meaty snack.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPrep Time: 10 Minutes (plus one hour resting)
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 x 150g pots of Sola peach yogurt (plain unsweetened yogurt will also work)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for marinade, plus 2 tablespoons for cooking (melted)
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons Sola® sweetener
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons hot curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes and place into a large mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and mix well, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour and up to 12 hours.
- Skewer the chicken onto 4 wooden skewers (which have been soaked in water for 20 minutes) and place onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, drizzle with coconut oil and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately.
These skewers can be grilled; however, the yogurt marinade can burn if placed straight onto the grill. To grill these skewers, wrap them in foil and cook for 20 minutes in the foil on top of the grill before removing the foil and moving them directly onto the grill. Drizzle with extra coconut oil when placing directly on the grill and finish cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.