*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 16 Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 22 minutes
1 1/2 cups (170 g) finely ground almond flour
3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
¼ cup nonfat dried milk powder
5 tablespoons Sola sweetener
2 ½ teaspoons (1 envelope) gelatin powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 stick (110 g) unsalted butter, cold, diced
1 free-range egg white mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
¾ Cup no sugar added chocolate chips (we like Lily’s brand)
- Preheat the oven to 300F/150c. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sieve the almond flour, cocoa powder, milk powder, Sola sweetener, gelatin powder, salt, and baking powder into a bowl and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg white-water mixture, and vanilla extract, and pulse until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Remove the dough from the food processor, stir in the chocolate chips, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the parchment (for each cookie), so you have 8 cookies on each sheet pan. Press each cookie down to flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 22 minutes, remove from the oven, and place on a wire rack to cool.
- As a serving suggestion, sprinkle with chopped nuts and even a drizzle of melted chocolate if you like!