Easy Weeknight Low-Carb CalzonesFor those weeknights where you care craving a decadent appetizing sandwich but without the carbs! Our low-carb calzones crafted with SOLA bread will leave you satiated.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Prep time: 10 min
Cooke time: 10 min
Ingredients8 slices of Sola Golden Wheat bread
3 tbs of butter
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbs of Italian seasoning
1 cup of Pepperoni
1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup of Sugar-Free Marinara sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take your sola bread and roll each slice out flat with a rolling pin and trim off the crust.
- Next take your butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning and place everything together in a microwave-safe bowl and melt. Then line a baking sheet with foil and place your bread slices out and brush with the melted butter mixture.
- Next place into one of the diagonal corners your cheese and pepperoni. Then fold over your bread to create a triangle and use a fork to close and crimp the edges.
- Brush the outside of each with more of the butter mixture and place into the oven for 10 min until golden brown and melted on the inside. Serve with a bowl of warm sugar-free marinara and enjoy!