Espresso MartiniAlthough it sounds like an odd addition to a cocktail, the egg white offers a luxurious, smooth texture and a frothy top.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes or less
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 2 ounces (55 ml) freshly brewed espresso, cooled
- 3 ounces (85 ml) good-quality vodka (brandy would also work)
- 2 ounces (55 ml) Sola® simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Pour all ingredients (except egg white) into a cocktail shaker and top with a handful of ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds until the mixture is creamy and frothy.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Remove the ice and add egg white to shaker, re-seal, and shake for another 15 seconds.
- Top off with egg white foam and garnish with a twist of orange peel.