Glazed Carrots with Sesame Seeds and Star AniseBecause Sola® caramelizes just like sugar, it makes perfect glazed carrots, with next to no calories! The star anise adds a subtle hint of fragrance without being overpowering, and the sesame seeds deliver a delicious texture. Serve these carrots with your favorite Asian-inspired meals.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 16 ounces (450 g) baby carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Sola® Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 380F/190C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel the carrots and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top of the carrots, then sprinkle them with the salt and the Sola® sweetener. Place the two star anise among the carrots.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for seven minutes, stir the vegetables, then bake for another seven minutes.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the carrots and toss.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven and continue roasting for a further five minutes until golden-brown and sticky.