Homemade Cranberry GelatinThis ultra-low-calorie, tart, and refreshing gelatin is super healthy and super delicious!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 12 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 4 hours chilling)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 10 ounces (285 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 x (7.5 g) powdered gelatin packets (6 teaspoons)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups (285 g) Sola® sweetener
- Additional filtered water
- Place one-and-a-half cups (360 ml) luke-warm water into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let the mixture rest for five minutes to “bloom.”
- Add the Sola® sweetener to the gelatin and water mixture and place over medium heat. Stir the mixture thoroughly until the gelatin and Sola® dissolve.
- Place the cranberries and one cup of water into a food processor and blend until the cranberries break down and the water turns a vibrant red color. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the cranberry skins.
- Pour the cranberry-flavored water, gelatin, and Sola® mixture into a large glass measuring cup or mason jar, add the lemon juice, and stir well. Add filtered water to the mixture until it measures four cups (960 ml), then stir well.
- Pour the mixture in to a mold of your choice (we used a Bundt cake pan) and place into the refrigerator to chill for at least four hours.
- Dip the mold into a bowl of warm water, hold a plate over the open side of the mold and turn the mold upside-down so that the gelatin slides out onto the plate. Decorate with fresh berries and serve.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!