Keto Friendly BBQ Chicken Grilled CheeseA low-carb, keto-friendly lunch idea to make even the most carb devotee fall in love with this keto recipe.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPrep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 tbps Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sugar free BBQ sauce
- 12 slices of Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup of butter or ghee
- 2 tsps. parsley, minced
- 12 slices of Sola Deliciously Seeded Bread
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in your onions and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 min. Then add in your shredded chicken, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and BBQ sauce. Cook until everything is combined and heated through, about 5 min. Turn stove off and cover to keep warm.
- Next add your butter, 2 cloves of minced garlic and parsley into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Lay out your 12 slices of Sola bread and evenly coat one side with the garlic butter mixture. Then flip over your bread and start building your grilled cheese. Add one piece of Havarti then top with chicken mixture and one more piece of cheese, then your other piece of bread with the garlic butter side on the outside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and cook each sandwich until they are golden brown and melty, about 3 min each side. Enjoy!