Keto-Friendly Chick-fil-A Copycat SandwichIt's dupe time - a SOLA powered keto-friendly @chickfila copycat sandwich!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPREP TIME: 12 HOURS
COOK TIME: 20 MIN
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 scoops of Unflavored Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 4 Sola Low-Carb Hamburger Buns
- pickle slices to top
- mayo for topping
- Slice chicken horizontally and then place in a zip lock bag and gently pound with until about 1/2″ thick. Then add both chicken breasts to the same bag and add your pickle juice. Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Next get 3 shallow bowls for dredging. In the 1st bowl place, ½ of your protein powder.
- In the second bowl, beat the eggs and water together and leave in the bowl.
- In the third bowl, add the rest of the protein powder paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and celery salt. Mix well with a fork to get the lumps out. Add more protein powder if needed based on the size of your chicken.
- Remove your chicken from the marinade and pat until completely dry. Then start with adding your chicken to the 1 bowl, followed by the egg wash then finished in the third bowl.
- Heat the oil in an 8-inch or so skillet to about 350°F. Once the oil is 350 degrees, work in batches, adding chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Handle chicken carefully so breading doesn’t fall off. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- While your chicken cools prepare your Sola Buns by lightly toasting them and adding avocado oil mayo to the top and bottom bun. Next add your chicken and pickles and enjoy!