Keto-Friendly Double Meat and Cheese BurgerIf you're a fan of Whataburger, then this dupe of the classic double meat and double cheeseburger recipe is perfect for you.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook time: 7 min
- 2 Sola Buns
- 1lb of 100% all beef 90/10, ground
- 4 slices of American Cheese
- 6 tomato slices
- ½ cup shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 8 pickle slices
- ½ cup of yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsps. of yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Mold your ground beef into (4) 5” patties, thin about ¼ of an inch.
- Next heat your flat top grill or large pan to medium-high heat and season your patties with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Add your patties to the grill and score your patties each way to keep them from cupping.
- Grill your patties on each side for about 3 min.
- While your patties cook, let's prepare the rest of the burger. Butter the inside of your Sola buns then place them facedown onto a hot pan to lightly toast them. Next, add your mustard to each side. Then place the top bun down onto a plate and add your, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and onions - in that order.
- Once your patties are cooked, before you remove them from the pan, top each patty with one slice of American cheese and stack one patty onto another one to make 2 double stacked cheese patties.
- Finally, let’s add those patty cheese stacks to our topped upside-down burgers, add the bottom Sola bun, flip over and enjoy!