Low Carb Caramel Blackberry Bagel Bread PuddingA sweet treat that is low-carb, keto-friendly, and made with delicious SOLA bagels. Fulfill all your sweet needs with this delicious keto recipe!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPrep time: 35 min
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 Bags of Plain Sola Bagels
- ½ stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup of sugar free dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of Sola Sugar
- 2 cups of blackberries
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups of Half-and-half
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of apple pie spice
- 1 jar of sugar free caramel sauce, warmed
- Prep your 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray then slice the Sola bagels into small chunks and scatter into the dish.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add in the brown sugar and heat until bubbling then cook for an additional 2 min. Then add in your apples and cinnamon and stir until well coated. Cook for an additional 2 minutes then add the caramel mixture on top of the bagels in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your eggs, half and half, Sola sugar, apple pie spice, vanilla and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Next pour the mixture of the bagel apple mixture in your baking dish and cover loosely with plastic wrap and place another pan on top to help submerge the bagels into the liquid and let sit at room temp for 30 min - 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the pan and plastic wrap from your dish and cover with foil and bake for 45 min. Then remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 min until golden brown on top. Serve warm with caramel sauce drizzle and enjoy!