Low-Carb French Toast SticksFor the days you want to have a sweet morning breakfast, these low-carb french toast sticks are perfect any gathering.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesYields: 6 Servings
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 6 min
Ingredients2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup of Heavy Cream
1/3 Cup of Whole Milk
2 tbs of Melted Grass-Fed Butter
3 tbs. of Sola Granulated Sugar
½ tsp of Cinnamon
¼ tsp of Ground Clove
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
6 Slices of Sola Sweet and Butter or Sweet Oat Low-Carb Bread
Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, for Dipping
Directions1. Whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, clove, butter, vanilla, and a pinch of salt together in a shallow bowl.
2. Cut each slice of bread into 3 equal strips.
3. Add bread to liquid mixture and turn to coat a few times.
4. Arrange the bread slices in the basket of air fryer, working in batches so you don’t overcrowd the bread.
5. Set air fryer temperature to 350F and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes, turning the strips over halfway through.
6. Serve toast with a side of sugar-free maple syrup. Optional: Dust with some powdered Sola sugar and top with raspberries. (You can powder the sugar by adding the granulated sugar to a high powered blender and blending until the granules turn to powder).