*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPrep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1hr 30 min
Servings: 12 - 24 depending on your size cookie cutters
- 2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Sola Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasse (optional)
- 1 cup Sola sweetener, powdered (just add to blender and blend on high until powdered)
- 2 tablespoon Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two cookie baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients together: almond flour, Sola Sweetener and all the spices.
- Add the egg, melted coconut oil, molasses (optional) and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two balls of the same size. Wrap each ball tightly into plastic wrap, then roughly flatten into a thick disc and refrigerate both for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough discs from the fridge, unwrap one disc and place it in the center of two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough into a 1/2-inch thickness (for thicker cookies) or 1/4 inch thick (for thinner cookies)
- Use a snowflake cookie cutter shape, or whatever shape you want, to cut out cookies - I made 12 cookies in each half disc of dough so 24 in total. Next use a small knife or spatula to lift up the shaped cookie and transfer onto the prepared baking cookie sheets.
- Gather up the leftover dough into a ball and re roll to form more cookies. Continue with this process until all your dough is gone.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the borders are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow your cookies to cool down 5 minutes on the baking sheet then gently transfer them onto a cooling rack. Cool down for at least 20 minutes. The cookies will continue to firm up and get crunchier as they cool. The gingerbread flavor will also enhance after 24 hours.
- Combine Sola Sugar, powdered, with almond milk and xanthan gum until it forms a white paste.
- Use a piping bag to pipe shapes on the cookies.
- Dry at room temperature. It can take up to 48 hours for the decorations to harden.
- Store up to 2 weeks in a cookie jar or in the pantry.