Low Carb Meatball SubsFor those summer days where you want something scrumptious and devilishly delicious, a low-carb meatball sub to fill any cravings. Make enough for your friends or family, they'll think you're a low-carb chef.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Ingredients1lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef
1 large egg
2 slices of Sola Golden Wheat Bread, toasted and crushed into breadcrumbs
1 tbs onion powder
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp of red pepper flakes
1 tsp of dried fennel
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp of Italian seasoning
1 tbsp of Salt and Pepper
¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup of grated parmigiana
1 jar of Sugar-Free marinara sauce
1 tbsp Garlic Salt
1 tbsp Butter
4 slices of Mozzarella cheese
4 Sola Hotdog Buns
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toast 2 slices of Sola Golden Wheat Bread and crush into crumbs
- Get a large bowl and place the ground beef, egg, Sola breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic, red pepper, fennel, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, parsley, and parmigiana. Mix together until combined then create your meatballs. Divide your mix into 4 equal parts, then roll each part into 4 meatballs.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbs of olive oil and brown your meatballs, about 10 min. Next, lower the temp to medium-low heat and add your jar of marinara sauce and allow to simmer for 10 min.
- While the meatballs cook line a baking sheet with foil and place your Sola hot dog buns on it. Brush the inside of each bun with a little bit of butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, place into the oven for 5 min to brown.
- Now you’re ready to assemble your subs, place 4 meatballs into your Sola bun and top with some marinara sauce and a slice of Mozzarella cheese and place back into the oven for 5 min until cheese has melted. Remove and let cool for 2 min and then enjoy!