Low-Carb Vanilla PuddingHomemade pudding is a delicious and satisfying treat, especially when it’s a snap to throw together! This recipe uses gelatin to set the pudding, rather than traditional cornstarch, and a mix of heavy cream and water replaces carb-heavy milk, for a smooth and delightful, healthy treat!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 3 hours chilling)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients2 ½ cups (600 ml) heavy cream
1 cup (240 ml) water
4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1/3 cup (65 g) Sola sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Seeds of ½ vanilla bean (optional)
¼ stick (30 g) unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh raspberries & cherries
- Place the cream and water in a saucepan and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top of the water-cream mixture, and let rest for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Add the Sola sweetener, vanilla extract, vanilla seeds (if using), butter, and salt to the pan, and whisk well.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a boil, continue to cook over a low simmer for another minute, whisking well until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the pudding mixture into a large bowl, cover the surface of the pudding directly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator, and whisk well, preferably using an electric whisk, for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth and glossy. Serve chilled in individual serving dishes, and garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream if you like!