Maple Bourbon SourThis is my all-time favorite bourbon cocktail. Developed by a cocktail bar in Wales called Milgi, the original recipe uses maple syrup to sweeten the cocktail. In the low-carb version, I use a couple of drops of natural maple flavoring with low-carb simple syrup, to achieve very similar results.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 ounces (55 ml) good-quality bourbon whiskey
- 2 ounces (55 ml) Sola® simple syrup
- 3 drops natural maple flavoring
- 1 ounce (25 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash of angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon free-range egg white
- Orange twist to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients except for the orange twist into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Fill a glass tumbler with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds until ice cold and frothy, then strain into the ice-filled tumbler.
- Garnish the drink with a twist of orange peel.
If you don’t have bourbon on hand, this recipe also works well with other types of whiskey. Although it sounds like an odd addition to a cocktail, the egg white offers a luxurious, smooth texture and a frothy top.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!