Melty Brie & Prosciutto TartletsHeaven in a bite: buttery pastry surrounding melty brie and crispy prosciutto! These adorable hors d’oeuvres are the perfect celebratory nibble for your holiday parties.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 16 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 37 minutes
1 ¼ cups (140 g) finely ground almond flour
¼ cup (20 g) finely grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons (70 g) cold, unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon water
8 ounces (225 g) brie cheese, rind removed
8 slices prosciutto
Freshly ground black pepper and chopped chives
- Prepare the tartlets: Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the almond flour, parmesan cheese, arrowroot, cayenne pepper, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. Add the cold, cubed butter, and pulse until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add the egg white-water mixture and continue to pulse until you have a smooth batter.
- Butter a mini muffin pan and place 1 tablespoon of the pastry dough into each of the 16 cavities. Press the dough into the pan (the dough will be sticky). Refrigerate the mini muffin pan for 10 minutes (for the dough to firm up).
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and finish pressing the dough into the muffin pan (it will be easier to manipulate the dough now that it’s cold). Try to get a smooth, even layer of dough.
- Place the mini muffin pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry tartlets are golden-brown and crispy. Transfer the pan from the oven to the counter and let cool.
- Transfer the cooled pastry cups from the muffin pan to a baking sheet. Fill each cup with brie (equally divided among the cups) and top with ½ slice of rolled up prosciutto. Place the tartlets back into the oven and bake for 12 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and melty and the prosciutto is crispy. Garnish with fresh, ground black pepper and chopped chives, and serve immediately.