Mini Low-Carb, Keto Strawberry Pop TartsWake up to a delicious low-carb, keto-friendly morning treat that brings you back to the old days with these mini strawberry homemade pop tarts.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesPREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
Makes: 16 Pop Tarts
IngredientsKETO PASTRY DOUGH
• 2 ¼ cup Almond Flour
• ½ cup Coconut Flour
• ¼ cup Sola Sweetener
• 2 ½ teaspoons of Xanthan gum
• ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
• 4 oz Melted butter
• ½ tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
• 1lb of Strawberries
• ½ cup of Sola Sweetener
• 2 tbs of lemon juice
• ¼ cup Powdered Sola Sweetener
• ½ -1 tablespoon Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
• 2 tablespoons of Sugar-free sprinkles
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350F. Next, line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside for later.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. (Almond flour, coconut flour, Sola Sweetener and xanthan gum).
3. Add in almond milk, melted butter, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Combine with a spoon at first then knead the dough with your hands until you are able to shape a ball.
5. Wrap the pastry dough ball into a piece of parchment paper or cling film wrap.
6. Freeze 10 minutes.
7. While the dough freezes prep the filling. Cut the tops off and half your strawberries then add your strawberries and sugar to a medium size pot. Boil for about 5 mins then add in the lemon juice. Boil for an additional 10 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat and let cool for 5 min. Once cooled smash together the strawberries to form a smooth jam. You can use an immersion blender or place into a real blender if you have one.
8. While the jam cools, remove your dough from the freezer and divide the ball in half. Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangles about 2.5 x 3.5 inches. You should get about 16 small rectangles in total, 8 from each half dough balls.
9. Transfer rectangles of dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving some space between each rectangle.
10. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of strawberry jam into each pop tart, making sure to leave a little space on the edges to close your pop tarts.
11. Lay the other rectangles over the filling and seal the edges by pressing with your fingertips.
12. Brush the top of each pop tarts with an egg wash.
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the center rack of your until the crust is golden brown.
14. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine Sola powdered sweetener with almond milk.
15. Cool down the pop tarts on a rack for 30 min. then drizzle the glazing onto the cooled pop tarts and enjoy!