Mixed Berry CrumbleOne of the simplest and speediest desserts in the world, a fruit crumble is a lovely way to eat seasonal berries, and a perfect Sunday dinner dessert. Use our crunchy granola for the quickest topping, add a scoop of Sola® vanilla ice cream and you’ll be in heaven!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups (180 g) Sola® vanilla-almond granola
- 1 cup (145 g) finely ground almond flour
- ¾ stick (85 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 8 ounces (225 g) blackberries
- 8 ounces (225 g) raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- Make the crumble topping: simply mix together the granola, almond flour, and butter with your hands until well combined and crumbly. Set aside until needed.
- Make the compote: bring the water and Sola® sweetener to a boil in a large saucepan, then add the berries and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the mixture for approximately 15 minutes until the berries have broken down and the texture is like a fruit compote. Most of the liquid will evaporate and you will have a thick mixture of stewed fruit.
- Pour the compote into 6 ovenproof dishes of your choice, and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Place the crumbles into the oven to bake for approximately 15 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top each one with a scoop of Sola® vanilla ice cream.