Pumpkin PieThe quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, pumpkin pie is a crowd-pleasing classic with a diet-wrecking persona. This Sola® version is every bit as delicious as the traditional, but will not require running a marathon to counteract!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 x 15-ounce can (425 g) pumpkin purée
- 1 x 12-ounce can (340 g) evaporated milk
- Sola® sweet pastry dough
Cinnamon-Bourbon Whipped Cream
- ¾ cup (300 ml) heavy/double cream
- 2 tablespoons Sola® sweetener
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Make the pastry according to recipe instructions, roll out into a 10-inch circle, and gently place into an ungreased 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate. Press the dough firmly against the sides and bottom.
- Place all of the filling ingredients in a food processor, process on high speed until smooth, and pour into the pastry crust.
- Place the pie in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown.
- After the initial 20 minutes, remove the pie from the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the pie back into the oven and continue to cook for a further 35 to 40 minutes or until the pie filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack for at least two hours before serving.
- Make the whipped cream: place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use an electric hand mixer) and whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Top the pie slices with a generous dollop of the spiked, whipped cream. Store the leftover pie in the fridge.