Quick & Easy Keto Cinnamon RollsWarm, buttery cinnamon rolls make for a heavenly breakfast or treat, usually followed by a carb coma. These delightful cinnamon rolls are only 4 net carbs each and are made with a unique dough made from almond flour and melted mozzarella cheese.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 12 Rolls
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
IngredientsFor the Dough
2 ½ cups (280 g) Finely ground almond flour
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/3 cup (65 g) Sola sweetener
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (225 g) shredded mozzarella
¾ stick (85 g) unsalted butter
Cinnamon “sugar” filling
½ cup (90 g) Sola sweetener
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Melted butter for brushing
8 ounces (225 g) full fat cream cheese
6 tablespoons Sola sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. Make the Dough: Sieve the dry ingredients into the bowl of a standing mixer, add the eggs.
3. Place the mozzarella cheese, butter and vanilla extract into a microwave-proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cook on full power for approximately 2 minutes until the ingredients are melted.
4. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then add to the dry ingredients, use the paddle attachment and beat on the highest speed to get the ingredients incorporated fully into a smooth dough.
5. Spread the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper into a rectangle shape roughly 14 x 10 inches.
6. Remove the top layer of parchment paper and brush with melted butter, sprinkle over the Sola sweetener and then ground cinnamon. Place into the freezer for 10 minutes to help the dough firm up, which will make rolling it up much easier.
7. Roll the dough into a cylinder shape, rolling from short end to short end.
8. Cut the roll into 12 slices and place it into 13 x 9-inch rectangle baking pan or preferred pan of your choice. Brush the top of each cinnamon roll with melted butter and place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and well risen, brush with melted butter immediately out of the oven.
9. To make the frosting, simply beat the ingredients together and spread over the cinnamon rolls while still warm.