Simple SyrupThis syrup works beautifully in professional-style cocktails, homemade soft drinks, and iced teas; now you can have your favorite beverages without the sugar and without the metallic taste of artificial sweeteners.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 2 cups (240 ml) (approximately 8 x 2 ounce servings)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 ¾ cups (335 g) Sola® sweetener
- Place the water and Sola® sweetener into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the mixture at a steady, rolling simmer for approximately five minutes, until the mixture has reduced to about two cups (240 ml) of liquid and is starting to resemble the texture of very thin syrup. The mixture will bubble up quite a lot during the cooking process so make sure you use a large enough pan to avoid overflow. The syrup will take on a light, golden, caramel color once cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat; it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store the simple syrup in a glass jar or bottle in a cool, dry place for up to one month. If the syrup crystalizes, simply place the jar or bottle under hot, running water for a couple of minutes until it has warmed and the crystals have dissolved.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!