Sticky Lemon and Oregano Chicken BreastsThis delicious, glazed chicken will easily become a weeknight favorite; lemony, herby, juicy chicken breasts with a sweet yet low calorie sticky glaze.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh (or dried) oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup (95 g) Sola® sweetener
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ lemon, cut into ½-inch slices
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 lemon wedges
- Prepare the chicken breasts: cut away fat and skin and season well with the salt, black pepper, and chopped oregano.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for four minutes on each side until golden-brown.
- Add the chicken stock, Sola® sweetener, garlic, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, lemon slices, lemon zest, and oregano sprigs.
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes with the lid on then remove the lid and turn the heat back to high.
- Continue to cook, spooning the sauce over the chicken to glaze for approximately 15 more minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, the sauce will have reduced to a sticky glaze and the center of the chicken will be cooked through and tender.
- Serve immediately, with a lemon wedge on each plate.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!