Strawberry JamThis is a simple recipe for homemade strawberry or blueberry jam; one of summer’s greatest pleasures. Standard jam recipes are loaded with sugar, but this low-calorie Sola® version tastes every bit as good and you don’t have to sacrifice your diet. Perfect for PB&J sandwiches, especially when using Sola low-carb bread, why not make some delicious sandwiches for your 4th of July picnic.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: approximately 25 x 1-tablespoon-size servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pounds (900 g) fresh strawberries or blueberries
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¾ cup (145 g) Sola® sweetener
- Wash and hull the strawberries, then cut them into quarters and place in a saucepan. If you are using blueberries, wash them thoroughly.
- Add the water and Sola® sweetener to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and continue to cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until the mixture gains a thick, jam-like consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.