Sweet Pastry DoughThis buttery pie crust is a great go-to recipe for sweet desserts; easy to roll, reliable, and wonderfully versatile.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: Pastry for 1x 9-inch pie crust (8 servings)
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 2/3 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ cup (50 g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 ¼ sticks (140 g) cold, unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 1 splash whole milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until a smooth dough is formed. If you do not have a food processor, use your hands to combine the cold butter with the flour and Sola® sweetener in a bowl.
- Add the egg and the milk and incorporate into a smooth dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the dough. Use for your favorite sweet pie recipes.
- To cook the pie crust without filling: roll out the dough and place into an ungreased glass or ceramic pie dish, prick the bottom with a fork several times and place into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place a layer of parchment paper over the bottom of the pie crust, fill with uncooked rice, and bake at 350F/180C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and rice and cook for a further 10 minutes until golden-brown. Cool the crust completely before filling.
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to know about new coupons!