Sweet, Whipped Chantilly CreamThis whipped vanilla cream is the perfect accompaniment to any dessert, or spoon it on top of a cup of coffee for a luxurious coffee drink with a fraction of the calories in a Frappuccino!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 3 ½ cups (approximately 14 x 4-tablespoon servings)
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 ounces (110 g) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- Seeds of ½ vanilla bean/pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- ½ cup (95g) Sola® sweetener
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) heavy/double cream
- Place the cream cheese, vanilla, and Sola® sweetener into the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whisk for approximately five minutes, until the mixture is smooth and creamy (you can also use an electric hand mixer).
- Once your cream cheese mixture is smooth, gradually add the cream, then turn up the speed of the mixer and whisk until stiff.
- Refrigerate until needed.
For regular whipped cream, omit the cream cheese and use two cups (480 ml) heavy cream.
- Bourbon-Spice Cream
Add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, a pinch of ground nutmeg, and two ounces (50 ml) bourbon whiskey in step 2.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
Omit the vanilla and add three tablespoons of sifted cocoa powder in step 1.
- Coffee Whipped Cream
Add two teaspoons of instant coffee powder dissolved in one tablespoon boiling water in step 1.