Vanilla Cupcakes with Luxurious Buttercream FrostingA basic vanilla cupcake is a necessity for your recipe stash; these moist little morsels are sweet and light, and with so few calories, you can afford to have an extra!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 8 cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Line an 8-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, and buttermilk, and add to the dry ingredients, along with the softened butter.
- Using the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or an electric hand mixer), beat the ingredients together for one to two minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the eight muffin cups and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the pan and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cakes are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before frosting.