Zesty Lemon Panna CottaThis luscious, traditional Italian dessert is transformed into a velvety low carb treat with the help of Sola sweetener and rich cream. Prepare in elegant dishes or martini glasses and top with fresh seasonal fruits to end your dinner party on the sweetest of notes!
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Set time: 6 – 8 hours or overnight
Ingredients2 cups whole milk
1 packet of unflavored gelatin
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds removed
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
½ cup Sola Sweetener
***Optional: 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl and sprinkle gelatin evenly over the top. Stir with a whisk or fork and allow the gelatin to bloom for 15 minutes.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the bloomed gelatin and milk until well combined.
- Last stir in Grand Marnier if choosing to add.
- Evenly distribute into your dishes of choice and gently cover each with a small piece of plastic wrap.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Top with garnishes of your choice prior to serving.