Crunchy, Low-Carb, High-Protein Granola BitesThese, crunchy, “poppable,” low-carb granola bites are a perfect snack to have on hand when hunger strikes. They are flavorful, crunchy, and require no baking.
*Net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and SOLA sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.
ServesMakes: 18 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- 3 cups (270 g) Sola Vanilla Almond Granola
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Sola sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder of your choice (I use soy protein)
Chocolate flavor variation
- Replace the Vanilla Almond Granola with Sola Double Chocolate Granola
- Add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Special equipment needed: Mini muffin pan
Directions1. Place the granola into a zip-top plastic bag and use a rolling pin to smash it into smaller pieces, but do not pulverize into powder. Pour the granola pieces into a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat the butter in a pan or the microwave until melted, add the Sola sweetener, and stir well until dissolved.
3. Pour the melted butter mixture into the granola and add the almond butter and protein powder (if making the chocolate flavor, add the cocoa powder at this point). Mix well and pour into a non-stick mini muffin pan. Divide the mixture between 18 cavities and press down with the palm of your hand to compress the mixture. Place into the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
4. To remove the granola bites from the pan, simply heat up the bottom of the pan briefly on the stove or using a blow torch, and tap the granola bites out of the pan.
5. Store the granola bites in the refrigerator.